Put your name on the 2017 interest list for this unique writing retreat on Manitoulin Island, Lake Huron. Bring your fiction up to the next level in morning workshops with Gail Anderson-Dargatz and enjoy everything the island has to offer later in the day. For details, please see...
Write: The Magazine of The Writers' of Union of Canada is the Union's quarterly magazine available exclusively to our members. This magazine is valued most for its presentation of news and views from a writer's perspective. It is filled with professional information, developments in the literary community, industry news, timely features, and valuable industry services.
If you are member, click here to view the most current issue and back issues.
Non-members can view a snapshot of back issues here:
- Summer 2016 (includes a welcome from our new chair, a reflection on leaving Syria for Canada, and an overview of the Canadian Writers' Summit)
- Spring 2016 (includes a look at the new Urban Workers Project, a panel discussion on race and writing, and fiction)
- Winter 2016 (includes a preview of the Canadian Writers' Summit, an update on fair contracts from Britan's Society of Authors, and a look at prescribing poetry)
- Fall 2015 (includes five rules for writing disabled characters, lessons in self-publishing, and information about Project Bookmark Canada)
- Summer 2015 (includes an interview with TWUC's first self-published member and information about the inagural Authors for Indies day)
- Winter 2015 (includes an excerpt from our Write Now: Writing in Canada Today panel with the IFOA Weekly Series, Access Copyright updates, and Krista Foss' beautiful article about success and loss)
- Fall 2014 (includes information about the writer-editor relationship, diversity in fiction writing, poetry, and more!)
- Summer 2014 (includes creating book apps, utilizing Wattpad for book promotion, and more)
See some other sample articles here:
- Beyond the Pages: Crafting our Writer Identities for Readings by Vanessa Shields
- Writing Rights: Public Speaking Out by Executive Director John Degen
- Public Lending Right Report by PLR Liaison Genni Gunn
Advertising space is available in Write magazine. Write is distributed to the Union's 2,000 (and growing!) members who are the country's professional book writers. Click here to view advertising rates and design specs. For more information or to reserve space, please contact Gaeby Abrahams at firstname.lastname@example.org.