Are you looking for a professional evaluation of your work?
Try our Manuscript Evaluation Service.
The Writers' Union of Canada offers a Manuscript Evaluation Service, which is provided by the Union using the talents of its members, all of whom are professional authors. Over the past several years, the Union has received an increasing number of calls from writers seeking advice on their manuscripts.
The Union wishes to emphasize that use of its Manuscript Evaluation Service will not guarantee publication. The Union provides the author with a detailed evaluation consisting of:
1. Comments on the content, including but not necessarily limited to characterization, dialogue, setting, believability, and research;
2. Comments on the writing technique, including but not necessarily limited to technical ability and style;
3. Steps to take to develop the manuscript; and
4. Responses to three particular questions submitted by the author.
To use the Manuscript Evaluation Service an author must submit her or his manuscript in the following manner:
- Submissions must be double-spaced, twelve-point size, easy-to-read font with one-inch margins on white paper and accompanied by payment;
- On a separate sheet of paper include a list of three specific questions you would like the evaluator to address (optional);
- Include a brief (one or two paragraph) synopsis of your manuscript;
- Indicate your copyright on the cover page;
- Hand-written submissions will not be accepted; and
- To have the manuscript returned, the author must include a self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage.
The evaluating process will take five to eight weeks, depending upon the length of the submission.
Send Manuscripts to:
The Writers' Union of Canada
600-460 Richmond Street West
Ten-page submission: $125 + HST = $141.25
Full manuscript: $125 for first 10 pages + $2 a page thereafter + HST (e.g. fee for 200 pages: $125 + 190 x $2 = $505 + HST = $570.65)
This is not an editing service and therefore your actual manuscript may be returned to you containing no additional editorial comments/corrections.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.